Question:
i have a friend who wants to marry a girl who is not expected to live past 24 mos. what should i tell him?
Jujeaux
2006-01-04 10:35:23 UTC
she doesnt want to because of her situation yet she is madly inlove with him,and he is madly in love with her and doesnt want to argue the fact with her
but doesnt know wether or not to keep asking, a very sad situation and i have no idea what to say to either of them i love them both beyond words.
Nine answers:
Ruth Less RN
2006-01-04 11:16:53 UTC
You ever hear of that band "Queen"? They had this one song that went "one year of love is better than a lifetime alone". I am a firm believer of that. If your friend wants to spend the last few months as this girl's husband, then I would encourage him to show her that it would be the greatest honor for him. I know not too many people out there take marriage seriously but if he loves her so much to the point that he wants to be one with her until her last breath, I hope he can show her that and marry her.
Devotional
2006-01-04 11:31:23 UTC
The power of love may be her best medicine. No one is promised tomorrow. I know someone who lost their husband unexpectedly after only a few months of marriage. If they are madly in love, they should go for it and live each day they have together to the fullest. What a wonderful testimony to love and life!!!!!!!
luv_2b_blonde
2006-01-04 11:00:47 UTC
If I were the girl, I would want to marry. It's a milestone in anyone's life and she should fulfill that, especially since she doesn't have much time left. It would give them something positive to celebrate together, instead of living in sadness. Also, sometimes when doctors predict time frames like that, they are wrong!.... It's time to stop 'counting down' and focus on living life.
2006-01-05 04:12:17 UTC
Doctors can not specify when the person will die only god do, even if she is searously ill she might live longer or less its all according to god's will, tell both your friends to get married and stay for the rest of their life toghther even if it's on week left, tell them to have fun together the rest of the days and enjoy there love why to stay alone from the one you love when you really don't know when any of them will die, tell them to get married and enjoy it "remmber the movie a walk to remmber" I do believe in it
sadiekay1982
2006-01-05 04:18:54 UTC
Life is too short not to reach out for the love that there is. Keep asking in the most riduculously passionate way and don't stop til she says yes!
2006-01-05 10:07:24 UTC
you have asked the question that has brothered me for decades ..just how do i get him/her to notice me.aren't i handsome/pretty enough. and the answer is always the same .hey they are in love .so if you are truly a of the future couple .simply be happy for their getting some time together
scituate143@verizon.net
2006-01-04 13:32:15 UTC
Tell him to marry her its not about how long we have to live its about what we do when we are living He could get hit by a bus tommorow only god knows how long we have {Tim Mcgraw live like you were dying}
HorB
2006-01-04 10:46:19 UTC
Even if they don't get married, he can stick by her for the rest of her life and show his love that way.
crafty lady
2006-01-05 09:33:48 UTC
i would say go for it. they say love conquers all, and i think that is true. sure she still may die, but while she is still on this earth, you don't know what can happen. let her know that she should not deny him that happiness if they both love each other.