Question:
Is it possible to get married without an ordained minister. Can I just have someone we both want to marry us?
555forluck
2006-01-31 14:26:29 UTC
I don't want to get married in a church. I don't want a certain religion involved. A spiritual wedding of the heart would best describe what we want. We want to take care of any legalities at the court house at our leisure. We want to be married in God's eyes more than the State's eyes.
Five answers:
nickisbox
2006-01-31 19:13:40 UTC
we had a justice of the peace perform our ceremony and paid a bit extra to have our custom ceremony read. we wrote it together and it meant a lot to us. you could perhaps seek a non-denominational minister or have someone you trust and would want to lead the ceremony be ordained. first check the laws for your state for any specifications.
?
2016-05-20 15:18:42 UTC
You dont need an ordained minister, you need a Justice of the Peace or a Notary Public. But why should a credentialed person give up their Saturday without being paid? You want them to manage the paperwork, drive out to the park, do the deed, all for less than $400? You want them to work for minimum wage with their credentials on their Saturday? Why should they?
Just My Opinion
2006-01-31 14:36:23 UTC
How can you be married in God's eyes without first knowing which is the true gospel. I sugest you first identify where and who your salvation comes from in order to be made right with God and then get married by someone within that religion. Salvation comes by only one name Jesus Christ. I suggest you read the bible and start with the book of John. I am non denominational and understand what you are saying as I grew up a Catholic which left me with the same bitterness and emptyness. Cry out to God and ask Him to show you the way the truth and the life.......His Son Jesus Christ ........He will honor such a prayer........this really should be resolved before you marry anyone..
2006-01-31 19:46:27 UTC
Go to a Justice of the Peace, silly.
2006-02-03 10:10:20 UTC
any notary public is authorized to perform a marriage ceremony