Question:
Indoor or outdoor wedding?
monkeys mom
2006-03-04 17:28:21 UTC
My fiance and I are getting married in September of this year. He would like an outdoor wedding, while I have always wanted an indoor wedding.
Weather is so unpredictable and I would hate to have my wedding day ruined due to rain, wind or some other weather catastrophe.
I plan on this being my first and only wedding and would love to get some opinions.
Eleven answers:
2006-03-04 17:43:22 UTC
I personally would go with indoors. Your wedding is stressful as it is...why make yourself worry about the weather?? If he really has his heart set on outdoors, try to have an indoor location nearby as a back-up. But again, even that would mean extra work and stress for you.
*
2006-03-04 19:58:49 UTC
I was faced with the same question this year. I am getting married this summer in Michigan. I chose a beautiful place that has an outdoor ceremony location and a wedding chapel on the same grounds. If the weather decides not to cooperate, they simply move the wedding indoors. Also, the reception will be held in a banquet hall with an outdoor balcony. I was so fortunate to find a place that covers all angles. I will have my dream outdoor wedding without worrying about the weather as well as an indoor reception with the option of standing on the outdoor balcony.
fallencupid79
2006-03-05 06:42:53 UTC
Congrats! I am getting married in October. :-)

As far as having an outdoor wedding goes--you are right. Weather is very unpredictable, but my sister got married in June and they had an outdoor wedding. I however am not for a couple reasons. 1) Who knows what the weather will be like in the fall. 2) I have several older adults at my ceremony that probably would not like to be outside and deal with horrible weather.

My sister got married on the lawn of the building where her reception was--sounds cheesy but they were out in the country so it's not like they were on a busy street watching cars go by or anything. If I wasn't getting married in October, I might consider doing the same thing as well for my wedding. The one thing you want to be sure is, that if you decide you want to be outside, make sure you have a definant back up plan on where you can have the ceremony take place instead in case of bad weather.

Why does your fiance want the ceremony outside? If he thinks it will save you two money--think again. Sometimes all the rental of the chairs, tent, etc. will be just as much as an indoor event. But if he likes being outside, explain to him that weather is even more unpredictable in the fall--you have to worry about rain, cold weather, and worst case scenario--snow (yes, I wouldn't doubt it in some places).

Maybe you could do what my sister did and have your ceremony where you are having your reception, and do it outside. That way if you need to, you could have your ceremony inside. Plus your guests won't need to travel too far to the reception. :-) Best of wishes.
Fall Down Laughing
2006-03-04 17:57:03 UTC
I personally prefer indoor weddings. Is it possible to find a location where you can have the reception indoors, but there's an outdoor area like a patio where guests could go outside, maybe for cocktails or dancing, if the weather is cooperative? That may be a good compromise.
2006-03-04 18:54:24 UTC
I myself would love an outdoor wedding, even if it had to wait for the weather. I have always dreamed of having an outdoor wedding, walking through the little archway with vines hanging all down it and having the yard decorated in flowers, I just think it would be so beautiful. It's your wedding though only you know what your dreams have always been we all have different dreams for that day, but you should also try to find a way to compromise because it is also his wedding. Congratulations!!!
2006-03-04 18:57:47 UTC
Well, the two of you should sit down and decide together. If you do decide an outdoor wedding, you could always rent a big party tent so if it did rain, it ruin everything.

But if you really want it indoors, then have it indoors. But your fiance and you should really sit down and decide together.
2006-03-04 18:51:19 UTC
you should of course have it indoors! i think it is way more beautiful. if you talk to your fiance maybe you can have an indoor wedding and an outdoor reception under a tent that way you and you new husband won't have to worry about the weather and have a good time! Good Luck!
Curious_J
2006-03-04 17:34:47 UTC
I think you should do an indoor wedding, because of rain. If you want to comprimise with your husband, maybe you can rent a tent and have an outdoor reception. It's easier to move a reception inside than a wedding. HTH...
?
2016-09-24 13:10:37 UTC
costly, you reside in OHIO. Do the words "twister season" recommend something to you? There can nonetheless be snow on the floor in March, as there will be right here basically 2 states far flung from you. it must be warmer than blue blazes, it must be pouring rain or hailing. Watch the climate this twelve months, and notice in case you prefer to threat it on your wedding ceremony next twelve months. To me, whilst somebody invests huge dollars right into a marriage, they might desire to have it on the least volatile website. a chum's daughter had to cancel her gazebo wedding ceremony using rain, and it substitute into chilly, and it substitute into meant to get muggy and warm contained in the afternoon. It did no longer. It rained. Thank goodness her reception substitute into interior. yet once you prefer to threat it, advantageous. and no, using a a million/2 an hour to the reception isn't too some distance. even regardless of the indisputable fact that it extremely is getting there.
2006-03-05 09:51:36 UTC
september is a beutiful month, you could plan for an outdoor wedding maybe at a state park, just have a backup plan just in case, if you have it at a park they often provied alternatives just in case it should rain etc. and then if it did you could use the decorations you were going to use outside and use bring them inside to use and it will still be great
Always in Trouble
2006-03-04 17:35:40 UTC
so go for indoor wedding... it's much better